- I aim to use my scientific knowledge, clinical skills and expertise as a dietitian in an accurate and professionally responsible manner.
- Transparency is important in social media as is ethics in any writing or reporting. I pledge to blog with integrity. This means I am bound by an ethical code of conduct and will not provide false and misleading information.
- I never make or support unjustifiable statements relating to particular products (as per HCPC & BDA guidelines) or promote one product over another (as per food industry regulations).
- The advice given on this website is aimed at the adult and adolescent general public and should not be used as an alternative to personally tailored advice given by your own dietitian, doctor or nurse.
- All of the opinions on this website are my own and are 100% honest but you have the right to know if I have accepted money or ‘freebies’ (samples) in the process of formulating those views (as per the Internet Advertising Bureau: IAB guidelines and Advertising Standards Authority ASA).
- It is my policy to only accept compensation from companies I believe in and would already buy myself from/recommend.
- A product mention or feature does not imply endorsement or recommendation of the product in question.
- Any sponsorship or other forms of compensation are clearly marked and will never influence the content, topic or posts on this site.
Competitions & Giveaways
I periodically hold competitions or giveaways as a way of interacting with my followers and providing an opportunity for others to try new products.
- I do not promote the products that I giveaway more than others that I do not.
- Most of the giveaway prizes featured have been provided to me free of charge however, sometimes I use my own money to purchase them (prizes provided free of charge will be highlighted).
- I am very selective about the products that I giveaway and take into account both my personal taste and professional opinion as a dietitian based on the nutritional benefit/type of product.
- Most of my competitions and giveaways are carried out using King Sumo where winners are picked at random, using the app itself. Winners will be announced within the app, as well as on my social media accounts and in my newsletter (see below).
- Unless stated otherwise, giveaways are open to UK residents only due to postage.
Your email address will be added to my newsletter if you request to join.
- I endeavour to send my newsletter weekly using ConvertKit.
- I will not pass on your email address to anyone unless it is needed to send a giveaway prize, which I will check with you first about.
- Please add email@example.com to your contacts/address book and check your junk mail if you do not receive my newsletter and you believe that you have subscribed, before contacting me.
- You have the right to unsubscribe from my weekly email at any time (using the link provided within each newsletter).